The MAS Practical Haidong Kagum is made of throughly hardened 0.70% high carbon steel. This is our newest offering to the martial art practitioners who are looking for a reliable entry level steel kagum. If you need a transitionary training sword between your a wooden sword and a sharp real sword (i.e. jingum) trainings, MAS PRactical Kagum may be the best solution to bridge the gap.
- Blade Length (including collar length): 73cm / 28.5 inches
- Handle Length: 27cm / 10.5 inches
- Weight: 950g / 2.1 lbs (without scabbard)
- Blade Polish: machine polished with artificial temperline
- Gumjip(scabbard): black kashu lacquered finish with metal fittings
- Hyuljo(blood groove): yes
- Hwando Magi (collar): yellow brass
- Kodungi (hand guard): yellow brass
- Fitting materials: blackened brass
- Handle undercover: 100% genuine stingray skin
- Handle Wrap: black polyester
WARNING: Kagums can cause serious bodily harm if a person is hit by one. Please do not consider these as toys. While kagums provide much safer training alternative to a jingum, high level of caution and alertness, equivalent to using a live blade, must be exercised at all times.