This interesting custom katana has several unique features:
- Maple tree was hand carved on the blade by the master smith
- All fittings are based on a maple theme (menuki that shows a maple leave flowing in water, maple fuchi/kashira)
- Fitting materials is red brass
- Tsuba (hand guard) is a red brass that is blackened and hand-carved
- Real Japanese maple leave that we collected in the previous fall was inlayed in the saya. The saya is also inlayed with a layer of hemp.
- Handle core is half-blackened (white full same is blackened and partially shaved)
Look at the matching wakizashi here.