2007 news archives
December 20, 2007
- After careful consideration, we decided to maintain the current price level as long as possible. There will NOT be price increase on January 1st as originally announced and we will evaluate the prices in few months. In the environment where many of our competitors increased their price at least 15% in 2007 and plan to increase them again in the new year, we strongly believe that our products offer great value in addition to superb quality compared to most other vendors in the market.
- We will be closed from December 24 till January 1 due to upgrade at forge and Christmas holidays. E-mails will be answered when we return in January. Sorry for the inconveniences.
November 22, 2007
- Haidong Deluxe Jingum is in stock now.
November 6, 2007
- ANNUAL CHRISTMAS SALE!!!!!! All katana and jingum prices are marked down by 10%. The custom sword ordered during the sale will be delivered in the new year. The sale is extended until January 1, 2008 due to overwhelming response. There won't be any email or phone support during Christmas shutdown period. The orders placed after December 23rd will be processed in the new year.
September 23, 2007
- Consignment: 1 used older version of mirror polished Sun Flower Katana. The blade is slightly stained, there is no visible damage to the sword other than little bit of wear and tear on fittings. Price: $1,075 plus shipping. Standard MAS blade guarantee applies. No picture available. Please email us if you are interested.
- Several customers have been emailing us about aluminum kagum. They are in high demand and are often sold out before we have a chance to put them on the website. We recommend the customers to place a pre-order to reserve the sword in the next shipment.
August 13, 2007
- August shipment arrived and many items are in stock now.
- The following new models are offered:
July 9, 2007
- The warehouse/office move is complete. All email and fax communications will be back to normal speed. Thank you for your patience.
July 1, 2007
- We are moving our warehouse and office. It could take a few days and our email communication will be slow during that period. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Please note that our fax number will change to 289-232-1838.
June 22, 2007
- Thank you for your overwhelming response to our moving sale. Most of Korean swords are now sold out but more will arrive after we move the warehouse.
- We have acquired a few very unique fittings in full or partial sets. The quantity is extremely limited. First come first served. Check them out in the fitting section.
- We are now offering silk tsuka ito wrap for custom katana.
May 21, 2007
- We are moving our inventories to a bigger warehouse and we are having a moving sale. All in-stock katana and jingum price will be reduced by 20% while supplies last. Sorry, no raincheck.
April 20, 2007
- Bladeshow Atlanta 2007: Yup, we will be there again. We plan to bring Shirayuri katana (traditional geometry), Kuroyuri katana (TX geometry), Wakizashi and one of Korean Jingum model. We won't be selling at the show but we will take orders.
Time and Location: June 9-10 Saturday and Sunday, Galleria Cobb Center, Atlanta, GA.
April 16, 2007
- Shirayuri katana (mirror polished version) is on sale until April 25th. If it is sold out before 25th, you can still place an order and your order will be delivered in 8 weeks.
- Custom sword gallery is updated.
March 22, 2007
- Custom Sword Gallery is updated.
March 4, 2007
- Matsu and Tsuta sukashi tsubas are sold out and they will not be offered anymore. Sorry for inconvenience. We will continuously produce limited edition sukashi tsubas in near future.
- We now provide full same wrap (stongray skin wrap on handle) and black same wraps as standard options for custom katana and custom jingum.
February 16, 2007
- Custom sword gallery is updated. Check out these fascinating custom swords here. The management is truly impresses by the combinations of fittings the customers came up with.
- Butouken is proud to announce that the renowned US custom sword smith, Rick Barrett will provide custom mounting service for our L6 blades. Please contact us for more detail.
- February Special: Mirror polished TX kuroyuri katana.
February 8, 2007
- Shirayuri katana was featured in the documentary movie ' Reclaiming the Blades' by Galatia Films.
January 18, 2007