MartialArtSwords.com proudly presents the Korean style standard turtle jingum for serious martial art practitioners and collectors. Our Korean jingums are suitable for all range of practitioners, from beginner to advanced. They are very sturdy and designed to endure many years of heavy usage. These swords will not bend even on badly executed cuts and the blades require very low maintenance.
Turtle Jingum is a slightly lighter and shorter sword than the Haidong Jingum models. It will be suitable for female practitioners or anyone who wish to increase their pattern speed. All fittings are made with white brass and the scabbard is clear lacquered natural wood. The scabbard, handle, and hand guards are all handmade and they are perfectly fitted for each sword.
The main design considerations for the L6 jingum series are maximizing the durability while maintaining the best performance and balance. The blades are made of forged steel and differentially heat treated. The handles are fixed with 1 bamboo pin and 1 bolt for maximum durability. Our jingums can be used to cut bamboo, mats, or even a tree limb.
- Blade Length: 69cm / 27 inches
- Handle Length: 26cm / 10.2 inches
- Weight: 0.9 kg
- Blade Polish: Machine polished
- Gumjip(scabbard): Clear Lacquered finish on natural wood
- Hyuljo(blood groove): No
- Ho in(collar): yellow brass
- Kodungi (hand guard): white brass (tuetle)
- Handle undercover: 100% genuine stingray skin
- Handle Wrap: Brown cotton