MartialArtSwords.com proudly presents the Korean Jikdo style for Korean martial art practitioners and collectors. Our Korean jingums are suitable for all range of practitioners, from the beginner to the advanced. They are very sturdy and designed to endure many years of heavy usage. These swords will not bend even on badly executed cuts and the blades require very low maintenance.
Korean Jikdo sword is suitable for Hapkido or Kuk Sool Won(TM)* style swordmanship. The handle does not have handguard, allowing reverse blade techniques to be executed. The blade is made of an extremely strong type of steel, L6.
* Kuk Sool Won is the trademark of Kook Sool Won Association. Our products are NOT official Kook Sool Won products nor endorsed by the association.
The scabbard, handle, and hand guards are all hand made and they are perfectly fitted for each sword. The handle is covered with stingray skin and wrapped with leather. A red tassel at the end of the handle is provided with the sword and it can be easily removed or replaced with another tassel.
This is a dull sword (sharp version is also available)
- Blade Length: 72 cm / 28.3 inches, sharpened
- Handle Length: 26 cm / 10.2 inches
- Weight: approximately 1 kg / 2.2 lbs
- Blade Polish: Machine polished
- Gumjip(scabbard): Brown lacquered finish
- Hyuljo(blood groove): Yes
- Ho in(collar): double layered, white brass and yellow brass
- Kodungi (hand guard): none
- Handle undercover: 100% genuine stingray skin
- Handle Wrap: Black leather II style wrap
WARNING: Kagums can cause serious bodily harm if a person is hit by one. Please do not consider these as toys. While kagums provide much safer training alternative to a jingum, high level of caution and alertness, equivalent to using a live blade, must be exercised at all times.