Aluminum Swords are very useful tools for practicing correct cutting angles. The blood grooves on the side of the blade make distinctive sound when a cut is executed correctly. The blade is not sharpened and the tip of the sword is round. These swords cannot be used for cutting practice and are very safe to be practiced with.
The weight of aluminum swords is much less than the weight of real swords. The sword without a scabbard is only about 400g, similar to a regular wooden sword. The construction of the aluminum sword is very similar to out live blades that we individually create and assemble all parts carefully. However, the differences are that the handle is covered with imitation ray skin made of rubber, and tsuba is much thinner.
3 sizes are available
- Short - Blade length: 69 cm (27 inches), Handle length: 25 cm (10 inches)
- Medium - Blade length: 71 cm (28 inches), Handle length: 27 cm (10.5 inches)
- Long - Blade length: 74 cm (29 inches), Handle length: 28 cm (11 inches)
2 weights are available:
- Light: approximately 400 g (1 lbs)
- Heavy: approximately 600 g (1.3 lbs)
WARNING: Kagums can cause serious bodily harm if a person is hit by one. Please do not consider these as toys. While kagums are much safer training alternative to a jingum, it is not free of risks in using.