Martialartswords.com proudly presents L6 Competition Series Flame Katana. Any martial artist who regularly practices tameshigiri or participates in competition would find our competition series swords very attractive.
The competition series is built based on our previous standard katana geometry which was applauded by the martial arts community as the best cutter out of the box. While maintaining the sword's great cutting ability, excellent balance, and high quality fittings and mounting, we further increased its quality by making it extremely durable while minimizing the thickness to 5.5 mm (0.21 inches). With a weight of 2.2 lbs or less, our competition katana reduces stress brought to the user's joints and muscles even as he wields the sword at a much increased speed. The cutting plain is slightly larger than the traditional katana which will effectively reduce the resistance when cutting through a target. These katanas are designed as all-purpose cutters which can endure soft target (i.e. tatami omote) cutting as well as hard target cutting, such as bamboo or oak dowels.
The blade is made of L6 steel and differentially heat treated. The geometry is based on shobu zukiri and suguha mix with mild midare hamon is visible on the blade. The handle is fixed at two points to provide outstanding stability. The scabbard, handle, and tsuba are all handmade individually and they are made to fit perfectly to the sword. The handle is covered with genuine ray skin (Same) and wrapped with leather.
These swords are all NEWLY MADE, not collectible antiques. This is a great sword for intermediate to advanced level practitioners.
- Nagasa Length: 71.5cm / 28 inches
- Tsuka Length: 28cm / 11 inches
- Blade Polish: hand polished with natural stone
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Saya(scabbard): Black Kashu Lacquered finish
- Bo Hi(blood groove): present
- Habaki: square brass habaki (note: the pictures on the left are outdated and we will update them shortly).
- Menuki: dragon (note: the current production has blackened menuki)
- Tsuba: Blackened brass (flame)
- Same: 100% genuine stingray skin
- Handle Wrap: black leather with X11 style battlewrap