Martialartswords.com presents L6 O-kissaki katana. The design was inspired by the Master of Fire contemporary sword smith exhibit in the Macau Museum of Art in 2005.
The blade geometry is based on shinogi zukiri and the yokote line is defined for o-kissaki. The blade is hand polished to reveal the hamon (temperline) which is a mix of suguha with mild midare. The nakago is fixed with tsuka by two bamboo pegs to provide excellent stability. The scabbard, handle, and tsuba are all handmade individually and specially for each sword. The handle is covered with genuine ray skin (Same) and wrapped with Japanese black silk ito.
The blade is made of L6 steel and differentially heat treated. O-kissaki katana is our thickest model with a 6mm-thick blade (equivalent to 0.25 inches). It is designed as an all-purpose cutter. However, we do not recommend it for regular bamboo cutting practices because of very fine kissaki geometry. If cutting a bamboo, use the blade section below yokote line for maximum performance and product life. This is a great sword for intermediate to advanced level practitioners.
- Nagasa Length: 70.5cm / 27.7 inches, O-kissaki (aesthetic)
- Tsuka Length: 29cm / 11.5 inches
- Weight: approximately 1.0 kg or 2.2 lbs
- Blade Polish: hand polished with natural stone
- Saya: Black Kashu Lacquered finish with buffalo horn fitting, white brass band around kojiri and koiguchi
- Bo-hi: No
- Habaki: Solid brass
- Tsuba: 2-holes plain
- Handle Wrap: Black Japanese silk
- Fitting material: Blackened brass