Martialartswords.com created a Maple Katana to reflect our Canadian heritage in our top line products.
The blade is made of L6 steel and differentially heat treated. The geometry is based on shinogi zukiri and suguha mix with mild midare hamon is visible on the blade. The handle is fixed at two points to provide outstanding stability. The scabbard, handle, and tsuba are all handmade individually and they are made to fit perfectly to the sword. The handle is covered with genuine ray skin (Same) and wrapped with leather.
These swords are all NEWLY MADE, not collectible antiques. This is a great sword for intermediate to advanced level practitioners.
- Nagasa Length: 71 cm / 28 inches
- Tsuka Length: 29 cm / 11.5 inches
- Blade Polish: hand polished with natural stone
- Weight: 2.4 lbs (1100 g)
- Saya(scabbard): Brown kashu lacquered finish with hemp inlay
- Bo Hi(blood groove): none
- Habaki: brass.
- Menuki: maple
- Tsuba: Hand carved copper in maple theme.
- Same: 100% genuine stingray skin, blackened and shaved style
- Handle Wrap: brown silk XX style