Martialartswords.com presents L6 Traditional Series Shirayuri Katana. In making Shirayuri, we tried to preserve the traditional beauty of a Japanese sword while maximizing the performance and durability.
The blade geometry is based on shinogi zukiri and the yokote line is defined for a chu-kissaki. The blade is hand polished to reveal the hamon (temperline) which is a mix of suguha with mild midare. The nakago is fixed with tsuka by two bamboo pegs to provide excellent stability. The scabbard, handle, and tsuba are all handmade individually and they are perfectly fitted for each sword. The handle is covered with genuine ray skin (Same) and wrapped with Japanese blue silk ito from Namikawa heibei co.
The blade is made of L6 steel and differentially heat treated. Shirayuri is our thickest model with 6mm (0.25 inches) thick blade. Shirayuri katana is designed as an all-purpose cutter with both soft and hard target cutting in mind. This is a great sword for intermediate to advanced level practitioners.
- Nagasa Length: 70cm / 27.5 inches
- Tsuka Length: 27cm / 10.5 inches
- Weight: approx. 1100 g (2.4 lbs) mounted, 1300 g (2.85 lbs) with saya
- Blade Polish: hand polished with natural stone
- Saya: Black Kashu Lacquered finish with buffalo horn fitting
- Bo-hi: No
- Habaki: Silver plated
- Tsuba: sukashi steel tsuba. The design is from old Japanese tsuba book (6 petal flower)
- Handle Wrap: blue Japanese silk ito
- Fitting material: silver plated brass