MartialArtSwords.com proudly presents the Korean Jikdo style for Korean martial art practitioners and collectors. Our Korean jingums are suitable for all range of practitioners, from beginner to advanced. They are very sturdy and designed to endure many years of heavy usage. These swords will not bend even on badly executed cuts and the blades require very low maintenance.
Korean Jikdo sword is suitable for Hapkido or Kuk Sool Won(TM)* style swordsmanship. The handle does not have a handguard, allowing reverse blade techniques to be executed. The blade is made of an extremely strong type of steel, L6, and it is differentially hardened for heavy duty cutting.
The scabbard, handle, and hand guards are all handmade and they are perfectly fitted for each sword. The handle is covered with stingray skin and wrapped with leather. A red tassel at the end of the handle is provided with the sword and it can be easily removed or replaced with another tassel.
- Blade Length: 72 cm / 28.3 inches, sharpened
- Handle Length: 26 cm / 10.2 inches
- Weight: approximately 1 kg / 2.2 lbs
- Blade Polish: Machine polished
- Gumjip(scabbard): Brown lacquered finish
- Hyuljo(blood groove): Yes
- Ho in(collar): double layered
- Kodungi (hand guard): none
- Handle undercover: 100% genuine stingray skin
- Handle Wrap: Black leather II style wrap